I'm a fan of talk radio. When driving, my Sirius satellite radio is the perfect companion. I listen to sports mostly, as I'm a huge jock...always have been. But I also listen to CNBC, or Bloomberg Radio. My affinity for business news equals my passion for sports news. What attracts me to both is the fluid, dynamic nature of the information being disseminated. And I listen to NPR (National Public Radio), the BBC Worldnews, and FoxNews to get the daily dope on current affairs and ploitics. Yes, I like music. Very much so, but when I'm in my car it's all about talk radio.
I've long had the idea of a talk radio format: It would be sports and business focused, with major current events and politics sprinkled in. Wouldn't that be awesome!? I think so. And the way our society has progressed, especially over the last 10 or so years, the line between sports and business is becoming less and less transparent. So that really isn't much of a leap. The current events and political stuff would have to be covered only when major incidents or events occur. And rest assured, it wouldn't be politically biased to the right or left. It would reflect my own views... I'm conservative on some issues (crimes/immigration/DUI), and liberal on others (drug laws, health care).
Think of it! A radio talk show that actively discusses sports, business, current events AND politics. It could be a "one-stop shop." And that is how it would be marketed. I have never disclosed my idea to anyone...not even my good friends. So what the hell, why not disclose my AMAZING idea on my first blog for all the world to see. Anyone else think this has a chance??
You have to let me know some good talk radio stations to listen to. I recently got an iPhone and there are so many apps to listen to talk radio. The problem is - when I go to find a station, the station is no good. Maybe you have some recommendations?
ReplyDeleteAnd the one stop shop idea, I like it but it would be a hard sell. You may be one of the few who like sports and politics evenly. I think most people fall in either end of the spectrum. Good luck - its a good goal to work towards!
I believe this "one stop shop" idea is one with promise. I think that by combining sports and politics, your knowledge base of both can grow very quickly. An example for me has been the Roger Clemens case. Theorists from both the sports world and political world have voiced their opinions based upon how it will effect specific area of interest. I think that if equal effort was put towards other sports topics that has been put towards this case for example, it could be very beneficial for both parties. A very strong idea...
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments gents. I admit it would be a hard sell..for sure. More than anything though I used my radio idea in an effort to "talk about myself." These are some of my thoughts, and viewpoints, with a sortof narrative. But let me remind you gentlemen, the show would be sports and BUSINESS, sprinkled in with politics and current events. Just a minor clarification. Thanks again for replying.
ReplyDelete